Elecosoft UK releases Powerproject Vision, its latest Cloud-based software, designed to improve collaboration and consistency in construction planning
OVERVIEWBring transparency, control and integrity to your Powerproject programmes
Developed with input from the construction industry, Powerproject Vision delivers a unique solution for contractors with project planners working in a disconnected and dispersed environment.
Powerproject Vision is an enhancement of one of the world’s leading project management software solutions which will enable users to overcome IT barriers and view one true version of project plans.
It is based on a customised version of Powerproject that has been developed in co-operation with the Department of Transport for the State of Pennsylvania and in close collaboration with UK Powerproject users who, in a highly competitive market on low margins, are looking for a software solution to deliver efficiency gains and improved consistency across the planning process.
Beta testing has helped Elecosoft’s development team to refine the software solution and enable it to deliver significant improvements in controlling workflow and improving access to information.
Powerproject Vision has been designed to meet the needs of organisations with multiple dispersed users offering a controlled programme management environment ensuring consistency and transparency via a web-based data platform.Derek O’Neil, Head of Planning, Careys Civil Engineering commented: “Powerproject Vision enables us to view live project data across all our projects bringing greater transparency and consistency. It will help our planners to focus on the day job and not be distracted by lengthy reporting processes, whilst allowing the wider business to understand project status at a glance.”
Key functionalities of Powerproject Vision include:
- • Highly configurable centralised file management and storage of Powerproject schedules.
- • Access via any web-browser and from within the Powerproject software.
- • Project planning workflow enforcement, controlling project creation, review, approval, baselines and amendments.
- • Version control and change management.
- • Storing of approved project templates.
- • Automated business intelligence data extraction across all files.
- • Ability to structure according to company organisation, such as regions, business units or divisions.
Ben Taunt, UK Sales Manager for Powerproject comments, “Powerproject Vision has received overwhelmingly positive feedback from beta testers and from attendees at user meetings around the country. We often hear clients asking “am I looking at the right version of the project plan” and “who approved this plan?” Powerproject Vision helps answer these questions; it is a highly configurable system that can be tailored to match a company’s business profile.”
How it Works
- • When starting a new project, Powerproject Vision is used to create a programme using one of the approved project templates hosted in the system
- • A number of roles and fields within the project can be assigned, such as Planner, Manager, Reviewer etc.
- • To work on the plan, the programme file is “checked out” to a named user, who can work on it locally in Powerproject until they are ready to submit it back to the online portal
- • Notifications can be sent when key actions are performed, such as requests to approve a plan
- • Fully customised workflow manages all steps. For example, upon approval, a baseline and delivery programme can be generated
- • At each step, copies of files are saved to provide a full change history